Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suffer from kidney stones. Mild pain. advised to drink water. Is that enough?

helo doctor..i have 3 or 4 kidney stones with a size of both the age is 29....male....recently when i tested the urine ,some trace amount of albumin,few RBCs,few PUS cells,granular cast etc were found...when i consulted a doctor he said nothing to worry,just to take lot of water....but i feel some kind of pain in both my kidneys some time....pain is mild only...not there anything to worry?is these pain have any relation with CKD?PLESE GIVE A SOLUTION DOCTOR......
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using health care magic

Kidney stones less than 5mm tend to pass within 4 weeks of the onset of symptoms. The use of a lot of water would aid in the passage of the stones, you should try and consume at least 8 glasses a day.

Kidney stones would cause chronic kidney disease if they are large and obstruct the flow of urine for a prolonged period of time. A 3mm , your stones are small but if you remain concerned you can consider having blood tests which can assess the function of your kidneys- this would be a creatinine blood test along with an estimation of glomerular filtration rate.
The glomerular filtration rate provides information on how the kidneys are filtering.

I hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 7 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor