Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suffer from irritable bowel syndrome. Any permanent solution? Pressure in the penis

I have irritable bowel syndrome and its getting bad....I get feeling of incomplete evacuation on some days and then loose motions.....Is there a remedy to this? Should I perform more tests before things go more wrong?
Sometimes lot of gas fills the lower abdomen and I feel pressure on the penis head... Is this some symptom for other conditions than IRB?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

First of all, all your symptoms are related to IBS. From your symptoms, it appears as though you have not been well informed about your condition. I always tell my patients to educate themselves, no matter how much information a doctor gives you.

You need to know all about your condition, and as doctor's have a busy schedule they are not able to always provide a patient with enough information.

The most important thing you need to know about IBS is that it is triggered by certain foods and liquids. Let me list all the most common triggering factors that you should exclude from your diet. By excluding these triggering factors, you can prevent all future episodes. There is unfortunately no permanent treatment for IBS. Awareness is the most important treatment modality. Please also note that each person can have a different response to different factors, and you will have to recognize all the items that cause an irritation in your case, and avoid them in the future. Some common items are:
-Sugar containing drinks
-Carbonated drinks
-Oily/fatty/fried food
-Dairy products
-Gluten products
and many more.

You could request for a colonoscopy, especially when you are experiencing an episode, this will confirm the type of IBS you have. There are also medications available in the market (anti-spasmodics) to help control IBS.

Please also get your vitamin B12 and folate levels checked, as these are most often deficient in patients suffering from IBS.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 15 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor