Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffer from interstitial pulmonary fibrosis. Have chronic dry cough.On steroids. History of diabetes and knee replacement

I am a female aged 61 years.
I am having interstitial pulmonary fibrosis since many years which is not progressive.
My problem is chronic dry cough. I am very sensitive to micro dust in the house.
Earlier I was treated with cortico steroid (wysolone). Latest intake was 5 mg alternate days for about 2 years. but since the dry cough has incresed I have changed to 5 mg daily but there is no improvement.
I also have pulmonary hypertension and type II diabetes and I am regularly taking medicines for the same. I also had total knee replacement surgery done for both knees.
Is there any better remedy other than increasing the dose of steroid?
Is perfinex (a drug used by other patients with similar but progressive IPF ) advised for me?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi!. Thanks for your query. I can suggest three things for your cough relief. 1. Seroflow 250 inhaler 2 puffs morning and evening, Ipravent inhaler two puffs in the afternoon.All these inhalers to be used with a spacer. By taking steroid orally it has effect on your Diabetes control. Hence you can try these inhalers and stop oral steroids. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor