Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suffer from horrifying thoughts, suicide attempts. Have PTSS. Need help

hi, on the 7th feb i attempted suicide, im on many meds but they make me angry, i have PTSS, i have worked as a paramedic in australia for 25yrs, i specialised in road accident rescue, ive seen things no one should see, i suffer from horrors and i relive past accidents, they are so vivid that i can smell and taste them, its like im right back there, since the 7th feb ive not left the house, ive withdrawn from everyone, ive seen a psycoligist and he told me that i just need to forget it and move on, how can i help myself to be the person i used to be?? thanks, karyn
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,
Try to deviate yourself by concentrating on other thinks , like playing, watching your favorite movie etc,.
Don’t be alone always. try to spend time with your friends and families, it helps you to relieve stress .
as your stress disorder is associated with your work ,it is advisable to change your work if possible.
Get an psychiatrist advice and change out the dose as per your condition.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor