Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffer from frequent vaginal infection. Prescribed Sarcose VT. Is it safe? Permanent cure?

Hi, I am 28 year old lady and got married last june... I am having vaginal infection (that I used to get very often, infact in every alternate month I suffered from this vaginal infection.) My Gyne Doc have suggested to use Sarcose Vt. Please let me know how safe it is. and how can I get rid off from this problem, Alka Mishra
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Alka vaginal infections occur freequently in some young women. The common cause is high level of estrogen. Normal flora in vagina changes according to the level of estrogen.
Antifungal agents like Clotrimazole & Miconazole are used inthe treatment of vaginal candidiasis.
The vaginal pessary suggested to you is safe. These pessaries once inserted into the vagina melts in body temperature & releases the anti fungal agent to act on the inner surface of vagina. The cure rate of 7 days treatment with Clotrimazole vaginal pessaries is around 80%.
However the precautions you should follow to avoid reinfection are:
1. Use soaps sparingly.
2. Keep the groin (vaginal area) dry & clean.
3. Do not scratch that area.
4. Use tampoons/pads only during periods
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor