Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suffer from dyspepsia, diabetes and hyper cholesterolemia. Need a diet paln

A lady doctor by profession i m a diabetic for 10 years with f/ h/ o hyper cholesterolemia. I m a veg. doing regular treadmill and walking. i m 50 yrs old wt 66 kg now having gaseus dyspepsia .Recent inv. values HBA1c 7.3, F-115 PP133 , cho 174, TRG 103. HDL 45 LDL 112 VLDL 20. TRT--- reclide 40 1/2 0-1 1/2 TELEACT ST 20 - 1od.
kindly suggest diet and any trt other brindha
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
your diabetic levels of 115 fasting, 133 post postprandial with HBAIC of 7.3 is very good, continue with your diabetic medication.Also you are quite physically active which is a great news for your overall cardiovascular status.
Recent studies suggest keeping LDL levels below 100,especially in diabetic population,You probably need to discuss this with your doctor and may need to increase your cholesterol lowering medication to keep the levels below the advised value.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Reasonable control of diabetes / can be bettered still
Metformin in particular can help fasting glucose.

LDL is high
Diet and exercise are a must...
Still, adding a statin is preferable - because nowadays diabetes is considered equivalent to Coronary Artery Disease...

See a good dietician / both diabetes and dyslipidemia need attention / it is too big a subject to be covered in a public forum like this. See other pages of this service (Health Care) / they also could refer you to one in your locality...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor