Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Suffer from deviated nasal septum. Frequent cold and headache. What is the cost of the surgical procedure?

Hi Doctor, I am 31 years old and suffer from a deviated septum . I wanted to know what kind of procedure can be done to correct this as I keep suffering from cold and headache because of this. Plus, I want to know the cost involved and the kind of procedure that this will involve. Will I need to be hospitalized and how many days of rest will I need? Divya
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
There are two types of procedures. 1. SMR and 2. Septoplasty. Both of them depends on the type of deviation u have. U have not mentioned about how many times u have been affected by cold since 3 months, this gives the ENT specialist an idea whether to do the surgery or not. The surgery is a very simple procedure where it might last for about one hour, but the recovery might last 2 - 3 weeks(precautions as advised). Cost depends where you want the procedure to be done. the procedure can be done on Day surgery basis and you can go home in the evening.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor