Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Suffer from degenerative disc disease. Neck pain, burning in the upper back and back spasms. Surgery needed?

I had xray and the doctor told me I had dics degenartive diease mod to severe in the c4 c5 and mod in the c3 c6. I have neck pain that comes and goes, I have a burning in my neck and upper back, I have had back spasm for about 6 months, and I also have the burning and tingling in my arm off and on. I had an MRI today but surgey has been mention. Is surgey a high possibly for this
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Based on details you have moderate to severe disc prolapse at c4/c5 and c3/c6, with back spasm.

Most of the cases can be medically managed with neuralgic drugs, analgesics and cervical collar.

Decision of surgery depends on the weakness, onset and extent of lesion on MRI. Discuss with treating Neurophysician/Neurosurgeon for same


Dr Sandhya Manorenj
Hi tech city ,Hyderabad
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor