Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suffer from cubital tunnel syndrome. Numbness in fingers and arm. Treatment?

Hi, I have been suffering from baby and ring finger numbness in my left arm since last week of January, I been to my GP and my doc. thinks its cubital tunnel syndrome . And my doc. referred for a test ( electromyography ) which I think I should wait for a month or 2, could you please let me know how soon I should get this diagnosed and get treated. Thanks, Ramesh
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for your question,
Diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome certainly shall demand both cilinical and paraclinal parameters. Electromyography is however important in the diagnosis. Clinical suspicion however demands putting patient on treatment. Clinical response shall help in further ascertaining the diagnosis or thinking of there possible differentials.
Treatment usually ranges from Vitamins Complexes, analgesics, injection of steroids at the region of attained nerve and other measures. Consulting your physician to put you on these temporal treatments as you await a consultation with a neurologist for other invasive tests could be appropriate.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor