Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Suffer from chronic asthma and possible COPD. Breathlessness on exertion. Need a solution

i suffer from chronic asthma, possibly COPD. Im short of breath day and night, when i suffer an exacerbation i recieve emergency Nebuliser/Oxygen treatment from my GP or local A&E, which helps immensley. Should i ask my GP to prescribe Oxygen to use at home, as this would give me more energy, i get breathless just climbing the stairs to use the toilet ! I need a boost of energy via a 10minute blast of oxygen. i want to cope better with my young children and housework etc
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
In Asthma or COPD treatments aims to reduce the obstruction and dilate airway passage. oxygen is used in sever conditions or respiratory failures. You should use Inhaler Aerosol which works like Nebuliser and dilates airway passage. Inhaler is kept in pocket and can be used any time you need it. You can also purchase same Nebuliser to use it at home, In all cases dose must be followed directed by your doctor.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor