Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Suffer from bouts of giddiness. X-ray of cervical bone done shows cervical lordosis. How serious is it?

Hello Doctor, I had been suffering from bouts of giddiness from time to time. I was asked to get an XRay of my cervical done and I have been detected with loss of cervical lordosis . Can you tell me how serious a problem is loss of cervical lordosis. And also if the giddiness was a result of that. My BP had also been a bit on the higher side at 130/80.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear, loss of cervical lordosis may be due to variety of reasons - congenital, trauma, degenerative changes, or more commonly due lifestyle problems like wrong posture, obesity, sedentary lifestyle.
Initially this condition may be entirely asymptomatic but later on it could become a serious problem as it can result in compression of nerves and nerve roots in the neck resulting in weakness or numbness in rest of the body. Since neck connects the head with the rest of the body this region is very sensitive and variety of symptoms can be encountered like soreness of upper back muscles, headache, giddiness, vertigo, fluctuation in blood pressure etc.
Treatment option range from physiotherapy to surgical measures in extreme cases. Chiropractors claim to improve this condition but I am not certain about that. I would advise you to consult a good neurologist who can guide you better about the condition and outcome.
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.
Loss of cervical lordosis on xray occurs due to muscle spasm. It frequently occurs in cervical spondylosis.Giddiness can occur due to decrease blood suly to brain. I suggest you consult an orthopaedician for clinical examination.
Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor