Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffer Uric Acid repeated attack issue, right toe getting swallowed with excessive pain. Tried Zyloric, Voveran. Treatment ?

Good Afternoon . I m AAAAa 44yrs old have Uric Acid repeated attack issue. This is happening since 6 - 7 years. As a symtom of pain, my right toe is getting swallowed with excessive pain and at that time even walking is also not possible. Initially I was treated with Zyloric 100 & Voveran 50. But, every time I m discontinuing the medicine after taking it for 2 - 3 months. Recently 6-8 months back I consulted another doctor ( Physician ), who advised me to take Zycolchin & Nucoxia60 for two months. Since last week, Its again repeated and I ve yet not taken medicine, only applying Gaultheria Oil on affected area, But still acute pain is there and looking for your advice as Rheumatologist , how to get treated this severe pain issue. Six months back my Uric acid level was 8.5. Could you please advice. ? Thanks much
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you are suffering from gout..
you need to take drugs from reducing uric acid levels in the blood likecolchicine and indomethacin for the pain relief..
other pain killers are known to cause hyperuricemia..
see your physician and dietician for the management..
all the very best.
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor