Suffer PCOS, put on Modus tablet, then Siphene, bleeding. What does it mean ?

Hi Doctor,

I am 32 years old and suffer from PCOS. In mast last ultrasound in April 2nd week, ovulation was seen and I did not get my periods for 3 months after that. Pregnancy tests were all negative. My doc put me on Modus tablets for 5 days and I got my periods two days after( although I still don't know if that bleeding means that I ovulated!!). On my second day of periods,my doc. has now put me on Siphene 100mg for 5 days.
I was just wondering if Siphene is going to help me ovulate , then what did Modus do? What does this bleeding mean? I am really confused :(. Is it the right line of treatment or there is something wrong?
Sat, 17 Aug 2013
Hi Dear,
irregular bleeding and prolonged cycles are very common in PCOS patients.
Tab Modus was given to you to get withdrawl bleeding after drug intake which is a usual practice to get bleeding in case of missed periods.So the bleeding which you had was the withdrawl bleeding which is expected
T Siphene is given for ovulation induction.
infertility treatment requires time and a lot many tests. In case of any doubt about a particular thing, you should always discuss it with your doctor who will be happy to solve your queries.Your treatment in on the right tract. Have patience and all the best

General & Family Physician Dr. Manjula R's  Response
hi...
you are suffering from PCOS, and usually the ovulation will not occur regularly..
you were given progesterone for withdrawl bleeding, and menstruation always does not mean that you are ovulating..
now you are given cclomiphene citrate for the ovulation induction..
get follicular study to trace the ovulation..
all the very best..