Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Sudden tightness in ankle, redness in foot travelled to shin, bulging bruise. Should I be concerned?

Hello...3 days ago I felt sudden tightness in my left ankle....the top of my foot became red and began to travel up my shin. Left ankle swollen so much that it seemed to go over top of my shoe. Now I have petechaie on the right inner side of my left lower leg accompanied by a bulging bruise to the right midway on my shin. I have not been bug simply began...the more I am on my feet ...the more swelling , tightness and tenderness near the bulging bruise I feel.....need I be concerned? I am 59 year old female, slender and in good health.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your symptoms symptoms are suggestive of reactive/viral arthritis.Consult a orthopedist for further management.Hope this helps.Take care.Get well soon.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor