Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Sudden spasm of eye deviating to the side causing double blurred vision. Suggestions?

In the past week my right eye has suddenly deviated to the side and remained in that position for about two minutes, giving me blurred double vision during that time. Is this something that demands immediate attention or is it something that can be observed? The spasm lasts about two minutes and then my eye goes back to normal.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Deviation of eye is definitely a matter of concern as it could be a forewarning to an eye problem or even an underlying systemic problem sometimes. Consult an ophthalmologist for a closer look and for evaluation of the extraocular muscles and fundus examination ( to look for papilledema). Only when the eye examination is found to be normal( including normal fundus), a diagnosis of ocular migraine is to be considered.

Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor