Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Sudden irritation in right eye, feeling of struck eyelash, excessive watering from eye and nose, swollen eyelid, head pain. Remedial measure?

Last night my right eye suddenly became very irritated, like an eyelash was in it. It got worse then felt like it was burning. It was watering a lot. I took out my contacts. My right nostril began running a lot. I woke up to a lot of crust, still watering and lots of pain behind my eye. My lid is swollen. My head above it hurts too.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms you are experiencing is due to your contact lens.

Contact lens when worn for more than recommended time duration may cause irritation to eyes.

This may also cause infections.

Eye infections are frequently associated with watering which also causes watering from nostrils.

Since you said you had plenty of crusts and watering of eye with pain, this may be due to infections which is usually associated with redness of eye.

But anyway it is better to take antibiotic eye drops for once in 2- 3 hours time.

You may also need to take some analgesics.

DONT wear your contacts for atleast 1 week, if those contacts are old it is advisable to change the contacts to new ones.

If the problem persist you may need to visit your Opthalmologist.

Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor