Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Sudden gush of menstrual bleeding on lying followed by severe nausea. What could the cause of heavy flow be?

Last night I was laying in bed and all of a sudden felt a sudden small gush of menstruated blood come out after only laying down 20 mins. I rushed to the bathroom to clean up and went back to bed only to get severe nausea . I ve never been a heavy flow type nor had these symptoms before. I have regular periods and haven t had a recent pregnancy so what is the cause for this?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  330
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
There are many cause for heavy flow. the most common cause is use contraceptives initiating forceful cycles and delay in cycles which cause forceful shedding of the endometrium. Sometimes it occurs without any cause. The nausea you had might of the lowering in the blood pressure and dehydration due to sudden gush.

Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor