Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Sudden flashing in eye while looking at the computer screen. Matter of concern?

I was at work looking at my computer screen and suddenly I noticed flashing that obscured my ability to read. I looked away and at first was unable to determine if the flashing was in one eye or both. Eventually the flashing (sort of like looking into ripples in a pond ) moved from being in my centre vision to my peripheral vision in my right eye. It has since stopped but I was wondering if I should be concerned.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, the flashing as you have described are some times associated with retinal detachments and do not be alarmed but do go and visit an opthalmologist where he will do a retinoscopy and determine if there is anything to be alarmed about. Do not neglect and take care.
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor