Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Sudden dizziness. Reason?

I m 19 years old, 5 2 , and weight approx. 140 lbs. I don t have any notable medical history (but mostly because I don t go to the doctor very often). My problem is really sudden and terrifying dizziness bouts that happen occasionally. I ll be sitting in front of the computer or in bed reading, when I ll feel like the world decided vertical was better than horizontal. Beyond the reversal of up and down versus left and right, I ll be completely conscious and more than terrified. What s happening?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

Your symptom of dizziness appears to be due to cervical spondylosis.
This can occur due to improper position of neck while working on computers for long periods or reading while lying in bed.

If you have to work on computers for long periods, you should take care that your neck should not be too much bending forward. Same precaution you should follow while reading.

You can take Betahistine 16 mg 2-3 times a day for relief from your symptoms.
If pain in neck is also present, you can take pain killer like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day after meals along with a muscle relaxant like chloraxazone.

Also get yourself examined and investigated by an Orthopedician.
If the symptoms persists, get a MRI of your head and neck done.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you describe your life style you leading a sedentary life, with out any extracuriculars. You did't mension of what are you profession or education.
The causes of vertig in your age is most probably internal ear deffect, may be infection. Due to infectionthere may be pressure on the internal ear and can cause vertigo.
Other causes being hypertension, hypotension, diabetis, hypogycemia due to stress and strain, and spondylosis.
Any how i advise you to consult a physician for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have a C.T.scan besides other routine tests for confermation of the disease .
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Thank you for calling H.C.M.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor