Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Sudden burning in arm due to red vertical rashes in patches from thumb. No improvement with benedryl. What could this be?

i woke up this morning fine. arrived at school and began to feel a burning sensation on my arm, i thought my skin was dry applied lotion then looked and noted that i had a red rash in vertical lines (resembling scratches) starting at my thumb to my elbow a little swollen and in patches . i was given benedryl which seemed to keep it at bay but the lines are still there any ideas what this could be? should i be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
It may be symptomatic dermatographism, a form of urticaria. If it has subsided and does not occur again, then you need not worry much.
It is mostly idiopathic, and the cause is not ascertained most of the times.
In case it appears again, consult a dermatologist.
Dr. Ajit Singh
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor