Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Sudden abdominal pain. Taking naproxen. Ultrasound showed ruptured ovarian cyst. Cure?

2 days ago I had to go to the ER due to a sudden pain on my lower left abdomen , did an ultrasound , and told me an ovarian cyst ruptured. I am in pain meds as of now, taking Naproxen . I am just wondering about the effects after the ruptured cyst? I am feeling bloated and there is pain from time to time, but not so much. I have polycystic ovaries. 22 years old.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You have ruptured overlain cyst, with pain abdomen and bloating.
Without wasting any more time you should immediately rush to emergency room of any hospital. You may need emergency operation for ruptured overlain cyst.
Naproxen will not cure your ruptured overlain cyst.
Hope I answered your question
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor