Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Subsepate hymen sore and bleeding after being fine for years

I had a septated hymen and when i lost my virginity it broke and just hung out of my vagina after. When i went to the doctor he told me it was my hymen and that i could get it removed with surgery or leave it. I decided to leave it. It has been over 3 years since then and about a week ago i noticed that it was swollen to twice its size. A day later it was hard and bloody and a sort of purple color like it was bruised, there almost looked like there was a cut in the middle and blood came out of it,thenext day it was sore whenever i touched it or went to the bathroom and appeared to be shedding skin white parts would come off a bit when i wiped. Now it is very sore and not as purple but there are still white parts. I am very worried and have a dr appt for a week from now but if anyone else knows anything it would help. I have been in a faithful relationship with my girlfriend for over 3 years so this is not an std.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  379
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You need to get this surgically removed.Its been infected due to repeated exposure and air.There is not much you can do before the removal but ice packs may reduce the swelling.Take any pain killers sos and avoid sex.
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor