Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Stye inside right eyelid, developed small ulcer dot on eyelid. Solution?

Beginning with a supposed stye on lower right inside eyelid 4 days ago, gradually oozing after 3 days (using warm compresses 3-4 times a day, now have 3 or 4 small ulcer-looking dots on same eyelid. Turning black on eyelid next to nose . What do I do now? Pain has lessened, but stye is still there, not draining as much.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  478
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

The blackish dis-coloration on eye lid next to your nose is due to the percolation of blood in the sub-cutaneous tissue of the lid which has resulted from the rupture of the stye. You should continue hot fomentation of the stye. Along with that, take some systemic anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory drugs as well as anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory eye drops locally.

This should improve the condition within 72 hours. However, the blackish discoloration will take time (about 4 weeks) to disappear.

Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor