Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Stung by a wasp, pimply rash over whole body, itchy. Applied hydrogen peroxide on the site of the sting. Please guide further.

I was stung by a wasp 2 weeks ago, now I have a pimply rash over almost my whole body, real bad on the arm that was stung. It is itchy. Should I go see my DR. or is this going to go away on its own?? I am 55 years old female, in good health. Yesterday I put hydrogen peroxide on the site of the sting and it foamed up which tells me there is still poison in there, correct?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Thank you for your query,
Normally hydrogen peroxide always “ foamed” if get in contact with any skin lesion and not necessarily that side still contain poison. From your description seems to be allergic reaction if you have rash and itchy. You must use antihistaminies tablets ( one of them) like Dephenhydramine, Cetirizine, Loratadine, plus local lotions like calamine lotion. All these medication you can get over the counter and pharmacist will explain you details. Be carefully when you driving while use antihistamines. If after few days will be no improvement after this treatment then you need consult your Doctor who can prescribe you corticosteroids.
I wish you speedy recovery.
Best Regards,
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor