Strong random pains in my heart, please suggest me remedy for it

Strong random pains in my heart? I get random strong pain s in my chest (in my heart) from time to time. What could be the cause of this, is it something i should go to a doctor over? When i get the pains, i get them in my heart and they especially hurt like hell when i take a deep breath in. It usually goes away after about a minute. About me: I am male, 21, very unfit but not obese, average build. Also, I have recently given up smoking, I am off them for nearly 7 weeks now. I use to smoke 20 a day for the last 3 years. But i also use to get these pains when I did smoke. I know i should go to a doctor but i ve had these pains for the last year or two, and its only very rarely. and i am very unfit at the moment. My question is... what are these pains and what are they a result of? hi abbi. ya its exactly the same. so its prob just heart burn. I didn t know what heart burn was but i would imaging thats all i have. Oh and thank you for the person who said quote you are overweight! . Ouch man!
Tue, 15 Dec 2009