Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Strong chest pains at various locations

Hi, I am a 25yr old male with no kind of medical problems currently known. I am having strong chest pains at various locations on left side of chest wall . I will have them mostly near the sternum on left side and sometimes below the nipple close to bottom of ribs. Also, I have noticed a pulse like throbbing in my left bicep at times. I am a smoker but never had this problem and also my brother has recently passed and I feel it may have something to do with the ache I have been feeling. Also, only once actually I was having pain and could actually stretch and feel only the left side near the heart stretching. All of this is somewhat sudden and any advice would be appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Jan 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  573
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since you are a smoker, you will be at risk of getting heart disease like heart attacks as well. You need to stop smoking. Regarding chest pain it could be due to variety of causes, like muscular pain, trauma to chest wall, pain due to possible gastro-oesophagitis, heart attack pain as well. Do get a complete checkup for the above mentioned conditions and also get an Electrocardiogram to look for heart problems. Avoid fatty, fried, junk food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Exercise moderately everyday like brisk walking.
Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. The symptoms you described to me seems to be due to angina. You must visit your doctor and get yourself evaluated completely for cardiac function. You should avoid oil fatty food and quit smoking. Take well balanced diet rich in green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits and vegetables, vitamins and minerals. Avoid exerting yourself heavily. Do moderate exercise daily. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 1 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It is more likely of having cardiac problem as you are a smoker.
Go for ECG and rule out coronary.
Secondly it may be costo chondritis.
Quit smoking,take low fat and carbohydrate diet.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 1 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Best would be to go for TMT as ECG may not reveal the true picture and also quit smoking and adopt healthy lifestyles.Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 1 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Your qality of pain distribution of pain as you have explained does not feet for coronary
heart disease. however pain is subjective feeling and we have to believe what pt describes as we can not feel the same pain. It could be anxiety related to your feelings
or it could be musculo skeltal. But its always better to play safe as far as health is concened.Get done your clinical examination Ecg and Echo to rule out coronary and MVP.That will help you to get rid of your Anxiety if they are normal and will act as
part of treatment. Thanks

Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
if pain radiates to the nape, your left arm, your pinky and your ring finger you might want to see a doctor.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor