Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Stress Fractures In tibias, how to get rid of it ?

I have multiple bilateral stress fracturs in my tibias what do I do to halp them heal also what is an endplate in the T spine ?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  553
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Stress fractures in tibia will require rest and healing. Consult orthopedician or take a second opinion on the further line of treatment for this.

Answered: Wed, 17 Mar 2010
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
A stress fracture of the lower leg is generally considered an overuse injury. They are sometimes difficult to diagnose due to vague discomfort and generalized pain over the muscles of the lower leg and are often misdiagnosed as shin splints. They come on slowly over time from cumulative trauma to the muscles and bones, often due to overuse. They occurs when muscles become fatigued or overloaded and can not absorb the stress or shock of repeated impacts. Fatigued lower leg muscles transfer that stress to the nearby bone and the result is a small crack or fracture in the bones of the lower leg.
The best treatment for a stress fracture is rest. Taking a break from from the routine and doing some low impact exercise for a few weeks (six to eight) can help the bone heal. If rest isn't taken, chronic problems such as larger, and more persistent stress fractures can develop. Re-injury may result in a chronic problems, broken bones and fractures and the stress fracture might never heal properly.The following advice may protect you from developing stress fractures in the first place:

Progress slowly in any sport. Gradually increase time, and intensity, running mileage or effort and follow the ten percent rule.
Eat well, and include calcium-rich foods in your diet, especially if you are a female athlete.
Use the proper foot wear and replace shoes when needed.
If pain or swelling begins, immediately stop the activity and rest for a few days.
If continued pain persists, see your physician.
Any leg pain that continues for more than one week should be seen by a doctor for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor