Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Strep throat, should I take him back to doctor ?

My son went to the doctor..he has been complaining about sore throat for about a week now and the strep test was negative..they said it was viral and to gargle with salt water...Today he still has a sore throat and complaining of a sore throat and he has a big white puss ball that is getting bigger..should I take him back to doctor..he has no fever..He has a history of strep throat
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  453
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
your son might be suffering acute tonsilitis. which needs good antibitioc and antiinflammatory for week along with salt water gargling and also ask him to stop eating cldo food stuffs mainly ice cream. clod drinks and also chocolates. give him plenty of warm fluids and rest for few days. it will surely improve his condition.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Please get your son examined again by an apt ENT specialist. If the sore throat is persisting for more than one week it is better to start on antibiotics. Encourage your son to drink plenty of warm water, warm liquids and soups, also try throat gargles with Povidone Iodine mouth gargles 3-4times/day, after food.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Sun, 30 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor