Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Strange tongue growth..

Okay, so Ive had this thing on my tongue for a few days and its very strange. Its not growing much in with as it is in length. Its pretty white, but its only one spot, its not all over. I think it could be an infected taste bud, but I really don't know. It doesn't hurt at all, its just annoying. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  449
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response
I also have a tiny thing growing on my tongue. When it first appeared I thought it was a taste bud that had been torn by my braces. It did not go away and my braces were removed almost 2 months ago. It didn't bother me until a few days ago. It feels a little sore and seems to be suddenly much larger. Perhaps it is irritated and the swelling has made it bigger. My fear is that it could be a wart. If your husband has a couple of small warts on his penis and your tongue has had it possible for this to one day transfer to the partner's tongue? When I mentioned this to my husband he thought I was over-reacting. He has had these (3 tiny warts) since our marriage 2o years ago and says it would have happened before now. Is he correct? What type of doctor/specialist treats the tongue??
Answered: Fri, 1 Oct 2010
  User's Response
Sounds like an inflamed, damaged taste bud. If it does not settle down on it's own, or if it is still growing, get yourself examined and have a therapeutic biopsy.
Answered: Sun, 19 Sep 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor