Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Strange sensation in stomach, feeling of something going up the ribs that has to be pushed down causing intense pain. Hernia?

I have some weird thing going on in my stomach. After having my last baby I could tell something was different because I could palm my uterus and feel it until it went down. But most recently (my baby is now 18 months) I can feel different organs in my stomach, like the size and pulse of my big artery . And sometimes something goes up under my ribs and I have to push it back down (thats the only thing that s been painful, it feels like the same thing when a baby s foot does that, but I AM NOT PREGNANT ). A friend that s a nurse thinks it s maybe a hernia? Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
yes according to your feeling it is hiatus hernia
it can be diagnosed by barium swallow or endoscopy and after that it can be managed accordingly
Answered: Sun, 6 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor