• question-icon

Strange dent in back of head in 1 year old baby with ear infection

my nephew turned 1 on 04/28/2011. when he was a couple of months old the back of his head on the right side started to dent in. Our family physician told his mom that it is nothing to be concerned about it happens to a lot of babies due to the way the infants skull is. Today it still is the same now he shows more signs that it bothers him. He rubs it and cries owe as if he has a headache , hes always sleepy, and has a persistent ear infection only on the same side as the dent.
Fri, 1 Jul 2011
Hi,Megan Chase.
Thanks for query,
Dent is common at this age as skull bone still are not united so you feel dent.Another possibility is that there may be some infection in caput succidenum.
As baby is having infection in the ear,this may be the reason baby's crying.
but any way your nephew's case requires evaluation.
go for pediatrician consultation and treatment.
ok and bye.