Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Strange dent in back of head in 1 year old baby with ear infection

my nephew turned 1 on 04/28/2011. when he was a couple of months old the back of his head on the right side started to dent in. Our family physician told his mom that it is nothing to be concerned about it happens to a lot of babies due to the way the infants skull is. Today it still is the same now he shows more signs that it bothers him. He rubs it and cries owe as if he has a headache , hes always sleepy, and has a persistent ear infection only on the same side as the dent.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  500
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Megan Chase.
Thanks for query,
Dent is common at this age as skull bone still are not united so you feel dent.Another possibility is that there may be some infection in caput succidenum.
As baby is having infection in the ear,this may be the reason baby's crying.
but any way your nephew's case requires evaluation.
go for pediatrician consultation and treatment.
ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor