Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Strabismus and amblyopia, Slight eye muscle pain

When I was 14 months old I had eye surgery because my right eye had turned inwards. I have strabismus and amblyopia . Anyway the doctor cut the muscles in both of my eyes to fix my eyes. I have never had another eye surgery after that one. I have worn glasses my whole life, which are really strong prescription and sometimes I take breaks from wearing them. Through out my growing up there are sometimes I ll get a dull bothersome feeling in one of my eyes. Its not painful or anything really more like just a feeling there. I think it s the muscle, but I could be wrong. Is it normal for there to be a slight bothersome feeling or muscle pain in the eyes? Is it from my doctor cutting the muscle and if so is the pain normal then? Or is it something else?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Sir
You had undergone squint surgery in childhood and you have strong glasses. you need to had your glass power checked. Normally after so many years of surgery, people don't have any pain or anything but sometimes, you might feel pain in extreme eye gazes. There is nothing to worry and get your glass power checked once.
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor