Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Stopped loestrin. If eaten today, am I safe tomorrow during sex?

I recently stopped taking the pill Loestrin (combined) however I have found that it is the easiest way for me contraception wise as condoms are too small for my boyfriend and he loses interest in sex using these. I want to go back on the pill but finished my period last thursday - if I rnew my prescription tomorrow for the pill will i be protected as of tomorrow against pregnancy? If not are there any other methods of contraception i can use that will be immediately effective other than condoms?
Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
If you start taking the pill now, you will not be protected for this cycle. You can use a spemicidal gel like today before having sex. This is an effective contraceptive when used along with condoms.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor