Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Stones in gall bladder, hernia. No pain. Need to find good surgeons in Chennai

HI, My mom is 53 and has been detected with both stones in the gall bladder and a hernia , The hernia she ha sbeen carrying for 2 years and there is no pain. However, my dad is paralytic and completely dependent on her for his basic amenitites. Is it a good option to get both operated at the same time. Also, please suggest 2-3 good surgeons in Chennai and where I can find rough cost estimates. -Suman Poddar (0000, YYYY@YYYY )
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
The two surgeries should never be done together.
If the hernia is symptomatic then get that operated first and then the gall bladder surgery.
A clean hernia repair should never be coupled with a gall baldder surgery which is clean contaminated in nature.
Answered: Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor