Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Stone in gall blader. What is the treatment for this ?

My father has stone in his gall bladder. what is the right treatment for this
Asked On : Mon, 19 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  420
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
You have not mentioned his age.Size of the stone,number of sones in the gall bladder,other medical condition like diabetes,high cholesterol level are all factors to be considered when we plan the treatment.

in general ,patients with multiple stones,single large stone , diabetes and those who had complications due to stone are candidates for removal of gall bladder.medical treatment can be done in selected patients but not for large stones.Removal of the gall bladder is done without making large opening in abdomen.The procedure of choice is Laparoscopic cholecystectomy which has become the gold standard and it is a common procedure
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
if scilant stone,answer is NOTHING TO DO
if it is problamatic, answer is surgery
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor