Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Stomach problem with piles at the age of 72. Can i go for ayurvedic or homeopathy treatment ?

hi my father s age is 72 he is having problem of constipation as well as loose motion since 20 years he usually takes entroquinaol or norflox when loose motion happens and takes laxative when there is constipation. this process happens in every 10 days (either of them). He also has a problem of piles . plz suggest me what to do for a permamnent cure . AS we stay at bhubaneswar there is a ayurvedic hospital , a homeopathy hospital as well as good govt. hospital and private hospital like Apollo. and in this age will homeopathy or ayurvedy medicine work?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
He has most likely an irritable bowel syndrome. He can get some relief from allopathic medicines after proper examination. Considering his age, full cure is difficult but the symptoms might be relieved.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Wed, 6 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
This is regarded as grahni in ayurved and some regard it to be a symptom of IBS. Piles is the result of constipation and line of treatment calls for proper diet first. There is a compound called ras parpiti which is used along with darim ashtak churan but it is better to use it while remaining under observation of ayurbedic doctor.
Answered: Wed, 6 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
According to your symptoms it seems to be IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).yes there is permanent cure of IBS in Ayurveda. No chemical drugs can cure him but only herbal ayurveda preparation can give your permanent treatment.Although the etiology of the irritable bowel syndrome is uncertain, some relate this to psychological disturbances, especially we rule out etiology and do treatment accrodingly. visit your nearest ayurveda specialist and take medicine strictly under medical supervision.

take care
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rekha's  Response
hi,your symptoms are suggestive of gharani(according to ayurveda).for this first your digestion should be improved
1 indukantam kashyam 15ml mixed with 60 ml warm water,take 2 times a day before meals
2. huthbhugadi choornam 1 teaspoon with buttermilk after lunch and dinner.
3.jeerkarishtam 25ml at night

you can give me follow up after 15 days
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor