Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain on eating eggs, chicken, loss of appetite, weakness. Causes for increased body heat?

Do certain foods increase body heat? Would that lead to indigestion/ stomach pain? For about a year now I have experienced stomach pain after eating certain foods like eggs , chicken, etc. (Food that apparently increases body heat) Have always had poor appetite and a weak body, it s only getting worser with time! while I have been trying to improve my health!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  310
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM.
More than increasing body heat, they are foods that require longer time to get digested. Food like rice, potato etc get digested faster when compared to dal, meat, green leafy vegetables, eggs, fatty food. Hence this triggers more production of acid in the stomach which leads to indigestion. I suggest you avoid such foods as you are suffering from gastritis. Improvement in health can be attained by eating healthy and exercising which will trigger your appetite and also improve your health. Healthy diet should include balanced carbohydrates, protein, fat and fiber. You can start with about 40 min walking daily. Drink lots of water. Avoid spicy food, carbonated drinks. Thanks.
Answered: Mon, 30 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor