Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, hurts to lay down. Shoulder pain. Prolonged vaginal bleeding

The bottom of my stomach was hurting than it worked to the right side of my body. so when i lay down it hurt and so many prositions unless i lay on my back. Than it would go up to my shoulder making a sharp pain down to my chest . than it would move over to my chest. I thought i might been pregnant at first . but now i have bleedin from my vagainal area for like a month.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Dear Miss, there are many conditions that can cause the symptoms that you described but It seems to me like abdominal or gynecological "story". First, it would be helpful to know your age and your medical history. Pregnancy must be always excluded, but it can also be some kind of missed or early abortion that causes vaginal bleeding. Pain that you are describing seems like position-dependent pain and it can be sign of serious abdominal infection (including pelvic infection) such as intraabdominal or tuboovarian abscesses. The most common vaginal bleeding is benign and it is called dysfunctional uterine bleeding, but without more information I cannot give you the right answer. I should know does it bleed after intercourse, during menstruation or all the time? Shoulder pain is usually referred pain from other place like abdominal cavity (for example abdominal infection as I ve mentioned before) and also you can feel it associated with abdominal discomfort( especially when you re feeling bloated because bloated stomach makes pressure on phrenic nerve).

My opinion is that there is high possibility that you suffer from endometriosis...

So I advice you to do this:

1. laboratory findings ( red blood count to look for anemia, inflammatory markers to look for infection, urine analysis- uroinfection, vaginal microbiology tests- STDs, estrogen,progesteron and steroide hormone levels)

2. Ultrasound- abdominal and Gynecological !- to search for intraabdominal abscesses, tumors, cysts,endometiosis etc.

3. CT scan if needed

Also you should apstinate till your symptoms disappear.

Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 3 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor