Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain below rib cage, no gas, feeling of muscle spasm. Treatment?

Hey, I ve been having this weird sensation in my stomach . Not my abdomen , in my actual stomach area. As in right below the ribcage. I ve been feeling it for the past few hours, I think, and thought it was just gas, but I haven t burped or passed gas. It feels like I swallowed a live fish, if that makes sense, and it s writhing around in there, still alive, trying to find a way out. It feels like a muscle spasm , but it s been very frequent.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

thanks for your query.

Pain below rib cage could occur due to gastritis. Avoid spicy food. You can take antacid for this. I suggest you to get it evaluated by your doctor. You can take muscle relaxant after prescription of your doctor to relive the spasm.

hope this helps you.
Answered: Sat, 30 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor