Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Stomach flu, vomiting, chills, fever, chest pain. What can be done?

My husband had a 24 hour stomach flu , vomiting , chills, fever . He was done two nights ago, yesterday he was weak and still in bed recovering. Today he is complaining that he doesnt feel like he can breath, he wanted me to open all the windows and says his chest feels heavy. He is 40, no other conditions, no medications .
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Evilynb,

Thanks for posting on HCM,

Normally when you get a stomach flu or diarrhea, you get dehydrated and the degree of dehydration depends on amount of fluid your husband loss while having the flu. Most stomach flu are caused by a virus and it is possible that the same virus responsible for your husband's flu might also have caused chest infection (but with the absence of symptoms such as cough, rhinorrhea, sputum, chest pain etc it will be have to tell if there is actually a chest infection). The shortness of breath could be still as a result of dehydration and he might simply require taking in enough fluids to replace the loss one. It will also be good if your husband could consult a doctor for proper evaluation.

Hope this is useful.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor