Stomach cramps, diarrhea, metallic smell in stools, depression. Taking lithium medication. Treatment?

I stopped taking lithium 675 gms / day suddenly 2 weeks ago after being on it for 18 months. i experienced constant stomach cramps and persistent diahrrea and a metalic smell from my stools . i m now experiencing return of severe depression . i m attempting to contact my psychiatrist to get advice as he did initially tell me to reduce to 450 gms which I did but above side effects persisted. Should I go back on it for a while and then come off it gradualiy? I t felt like i was being poisoned. The above side effects appeared about 6 weeks ago.
Fri, 12 Apr 2019