Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Stomach cramps and bleeding after unprotected sex. On IUD. Why is this happening?

Hi my gf whom lives in America has an iud in place which she has had for 6 months, she came to stay for 10 days where we had unprotected sex. The last time we had inter course was 5 days ago, but the last two days she has been complaining of stomach cramps and that she had bled like she was on her period. Could you please advise on why this has occurred ? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Some amount of breakthrough bleeding can be seen while using the intra uterine device.
And also the possibility of infection is more with IUDs.
So if she is continuously having the problem, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to rule out the possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Meanwhile she can take symptomatic treatment.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor