Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Stomach bloating, gastric trouble, pain in stomach, upper arms after eating. Gastritis?

Hello doctor, I am 30 yrs old. Off late I have been experiencing a lot of discomfort in my stomach . It feels bloated and gaseous. Specially after having my meals I feel some pain in the stomch in the upper central region. Also recntly I have developed sharp and shooting pain in my upper arms sometimes. My family doctor says its because of gastritis but I never had this problem earlier. Pls suggest
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
it could be gastritis, but it could be many other things... gastritis can only be diagnosed by an upper endoscopy with biopsies of the stomach.
You could also have SIBO, IBS, sprue, H Pylori infection, etc. But i would suggest you starting with some over the counter probiotics, and also simethicone (gas X), and see what happens, if no improvement then go to see a gastroenterologist.
Answered: Sun, 22 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Nithin Mathew's  Response
hi.. since you are only 30 and is not telling about any other diseases like diabetes or hypertension its most probably gastritis only for which you should take drugs to control acidity and flatulence.. cap. omez 20mg 30 min before breakfast (once daily) will do...
Answered: Sat, 21 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor