Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Stomach ache, fever, body ache. Should I be concerned?

I was called friday by my son s school nurse around noon to come pick him up from a stomach ache and fever . Today is saturday and I just took his temperature and it was 102.7 and he is complaining of body aches. He s been sick for the past month and a half on and off and is only 5 years old, should I be very concerned and take him to the doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello there,
you should consult a pediatrician as stomach ache with fever can be found in enteric fever, UTI, gastroenteritis, etc and also in cases of hepatitis.
or it can be just some viral illness with fever malaise and stomachache, that one can say only after examining the child.
nonetheless he has been ill on and off for past one and half month. so, it may be some chronic illness or infection your child may be having that needs to be evaluated.

for the time being you can give him paracetamol for fever and body ache.
Answered: Sat, 17 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor