Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Stomach ache, diagnosed as stomach ulcer, pain when eating. Suggestions?

Hi A few days ago my wife suddenly felt very bad pain in her stomach and I had to take her to hospital here in Sweden. After different examination and gastro copy they said she has stomach ulcer . She does not know what kind of foods are suitable for her. She feel pain when she eats food. Please kindly assist us. Best Regards Ahmad Saran
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Pain in the stomach is due to ulcer as gastroscopy has confirmed it,but it is not clear is it duodenal ulcer or Gastric ulcer it should be gastric ulcer.
If you feel uncomfortable after any particular food items you may avoid it,diet has little role in treatment of ulcer yes if you smoke or take alcohol you must avoid totally.
There are very good drugs which will heal ulcers in 4 to 6 weeks.
You can get H.Pylori and if positive may be given triple therapy along with PPI and antacids will prevent recurrence of ulcers .
Please do not take analgesic and anti inflammatory drugs.
Please take care of her
Wish her speedy recovery.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A stomach ulcer will surely heal with treatment.
No special diet is proved to help in the healing.
Traditionally, bland diets were given - not spicy, not hot. Milk (cold) gives comfort. Over the counter antacids - for a day or two - gives relief.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor