Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Stinking sputum, ct scan shows mass in right lung. Is this cancer?

My stutum taste like rotten flesh. When in for an pmamona ask the doctor to test my sputum for mersa as I ve had this before he would not went back to the er gave me a z pack this time and still refuse to test my sputum found a mass in my right lung thru cat scan. Send me to a pulmonologist who is on vacation this week. The er doctor thinks the mass is cancer . please help me
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
First question is are you a smoker or tobacco user ? a mass in the CT Scan is highly suspicious of malignancy (Cancer) . You should see related expert and get your investigation done like routine blood count sputum for Gram stain and culture and sensitivity and Cytology study to know type of malignancy. You may be required to take a biopsy by bronchoscopy or needle biopsy by CT guided as the case may be. once type and stage is confirmed treatment would be planed accordingly.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor