Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Stinging and stuck up sensation in chest, discomfort, burp. What is it?

2 days ago I noticed that I had a feeling in my chest between my breasts as if I had to burp but the burp was stuck. Almost like I have a pills stuck feeling. I have been having discomfort from this and I am burping more often than usual. It does nit hurt to swallow fluids or food. I just always feel pressure like I have to burp or something is stuck?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  283
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can appear due to acid reflux disease, stomach inflammation or peptic ulcers. However it can be also a first symptom of esophageal cancer. That is why, its important to do not ignore such symptoms and have this condition ruled out.
That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor and have gastroscopy done. During this test Helicobacter Pylori infection will be checked which can also trigger such symptoms.

In a meanwhile please avoid coffee, fatty foods, fried foods, fruit juices, alcohol.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor