Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Sticky skin sensation in groin area, rashes, discomfort. Negative fungal, STD test. Treatment?

I have a sticky skin sensation in my groin area. This follows a rash that has gone away now after various treatment. I have seen a dermatoligist who has tested for fungal infections and found none. The original rash was tested and no std present. Advice is to wash regularly wear loose clothes etc but the stickiness is still there and is constantly uncomfortable and hence frustrating! A solution would be great!
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  385
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You seem to be having frictional intetrigo.
It occurs due to friction and trapped sweat in affected area. It is more common if person is overweight, if tight fitting thick clothes like denims are worn and in humid climates.
To treat the area
after bathing wear the clothes only when the area is completely area
wear loose cotton underclothes
Avoid wearing denims or tight fitting trousers.
Dust the area with antifungal powder twice in a day, this will absorb sweat, prevent fungus from growing and also prevent friction to some extent.
If rash develops apply a mild steroid cream and ventilate the area till it dries.
HOpe that helped
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor