Sticking out lump under the ribs, appears to be bone. Breast cancer?

My daughter has had a lump under her ribs. It has been there for awhile and sticks out. I believe it is her sternem but has some friends over n thinks it is weird. They did some searching on the internet n believe it is breast cancer. I don't want to freak out but since they mentioned it has me thinking. Wouldn't this be something a pediatrician would view to be abnormal on a check up. It appears just to be a bone or lump. Thoughts?
Wed, 8 May 2013