Steroid eye drops in conjunctivitis?

my doctor has prescribed some streiod drops for conjuncrivitis..my doubt is will this help me ??and how will steroid drops help reduce infection?
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
steroid drops are very helpful in conjunctivitis but they are to be given under supervision.They reduce inflammation and pain substantially but it is to be assessed periodically that there should be no abrasion as that in presence of steroids will increase.Since the problem requires a short term exposure ,one need not worry about long term side effects of steroids
chakri's  Response

i have no idea about steroid drops but once i heard the doctor saying steriods are not given for pus discharge from eye. check it again anyways.

carsten's  Response
i think it is allergic conjunctivitis. it is very bad allergy. we have to take the steroids or else we will land up in the vision loss.
gopal's  Response
Steroid also decreases the infectiona nd inflamamtion faster hence the steroid drops are given. use the steroid drops as suggested by your doctor